Friday, April 13, 2018

Student Success Statement

Image result for karl g. maeser" I have been asked what I mean by 'word of honor', I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, Never! I'd die first."
                                   -Karl G. Maeser

Reflection: I think this quote means that you need to keep your word or promise no matter what.  For example, if you commit yourself to clean the house, you need to do it because you gave your word of honor. Another example is if you promise to help someone with their homework, you should do it. You need to keep your promise and show that you are a trustworthy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment